Plastic surgery has generally developed both in substance and in form since time immemorial to date. This article focuses on rhinoplasty (nose job) by first, defining it then giving an insight into this kind of plastic surgery. In so doing, the article summarizes the reasons that may necessitate nose jobs, the types of nose jobs, requisite precautions required of its patients as well as the risks involved.
Just what is a nose job? Well, rhinoplasty Columbus OH may be defined as a plastic surgery procedure aimed at correcting or restructuring the nose so as to modify its appearance or restore its functionality. Nose jobs may be classified based on either how the procedure is carried out (open or closed rhinoplasty) or the aim of the surgery (reduction or augmentation rhinoplasty).
In closed rhinoplasty, the surgical incisions are invisible since they are made within the nostrils while in open rhinoplasty, such incisions are made just below the columella of the nose hence the scar is visible. Reduction rhinoplasty Akron OH is generally aimed at reducing the nose size and the reverse is true for augmentation rhinoplasty.
Nose jobs come in handy in the following instances:
– Where a person has a birth defect in the nose, nose jobs are used to correct such defects.
– Breathing problems may at times necessitate nose jobs as the only long term relief.
– Accidents may deform the nose in a manner that calls for nose jobs for restoration.
– For cosmetic purposes, nose jobs may be used to modify the angle formed by the nose and the upper lip.
– The appearance of the tip of the nosal bridge may also be surgically modified through this procedure.
– Nose jobs may also be used to reduce or increase nose size either wholly or partially (e.g nostril openings only) to the preference of the patient.
Before undergoing rhinoplasty, a person must be as cautious as is ordinarily required before any other surgery and in particular:
– Verify the qualifications of the doctor. The experience of the doctor is particularly of great importance to confirm his ability. You may also want to brush through reviews by his previous patients to evaluate him.
– Make sure the doctor fully understand the desired outcome and discuss the possibility of the said outcome.
– Get the doctor to explain at length the risks that lurk in the surgery. This enables one to weigh the benefits of the surgery against the risks and make an informed decision.
– Follow the doctor’s instructions to the letter. You do not want to blame any potential problem on yourself!
While many people have successfully underwent nose jobs and obtained their desired outcomes, the procedure is not risk-free. The following risks are associated with nose jobs;
– Infections of different kinds may be picked by the patient during the surgery.
– The procedure may affect the patient’s sense of smell.
– Difficulty in breathing after the surgery may necessitate a subsequent surgery.
– Nose bleeding is ordinarily expected during the early stages of recovery but it at times occur for a longer period of time.
Nose job is a great surgical procedure that correct and restores the appearance and functions of the nose at an approximate cost of about $ 7000 . While the procedure often result in the desired outcomes, both doctors and patients must be cautious to avoid the risks involved.
Note: This is not medical advice. Consult a doctor before making any medical decisions.